More advanced ways of making payments in a Colony, with Multi, Staged, Split, Batch and Streaming Payment methods available.
Advanced payments offers a range of flexible payment options, powerful on their own, but even more powerful when combined and integrated with other features and workflows of Colony.
- Batch Payments Upload a CSV of tokens and recipients and send to all in a single Action or Motion.
- Split Payments Divide a pot of funds evenly or unevenly between a set of recipients.
- Staged Payments A payment broken down into separate chunks which may be released in sequence. Useful, for example, to make partial payments upon delivery of agreed milestones.
- Streaming Payments Continuously stream tokens on a per second basis from multiple teams to a single recipient. Streams can be for a set period of time or indefinite. Useful for things like salaries or continuous services.
- 1.Create Payment The initial state of an Advanced payment, where you can select the Payment type and set up the payment that you intend to make.
- 2.Stake Payment (not required for Steaming payments) In order to officially create the Payment, you will need to stake the Payment with some of your own tokens, this helps to reduce the spamming of fake payments.
- 3.Draft Stage The draft stage allows the Payment initiator to create and modify an Advanced Payment freely. The Payment can also be cancelled without losing your stake. Be sure to double check all values are correct before moving to the next stage.
- 4.Locked Stage This stage locks in the values set up until this point, any changes made while in the locked stage or after will either require a Motion, or a member with the Arbitration permission to make changes.
- 5.Funding Stage Funding involves actually collecting the funds from the Colony in order to make the Advanced Payment, this will require a Motion or Funding permission in the relevant team.
- 6.Releasing Funds Once a Payment has been funded, the Payment can be released and either start the claim delay or make the Payment to be claimable immediately.
- 7.Claiming Funds Claiming funds from an Advanced Payment can be done by anyone, the action will simple trigger the action to make process the payments to the relevant recipients.
- 1.Create Streaming Payment The initial state of an Advanced Payment, where you can select the payment type and set up the payment that you intend to make.
- 2.Start the Stream Funding involves actually collecting the funds from the Colony in order to make the Advanced Payment, this will require a Motion or Funding permission in the relevant team.
Editing a locked payment requires a Motion, or a member with the Arbitration permission to make changes. Once the change has been approved, as expected, the actual parameters that were originally set for the payment will be changed.
However, in cases where a change request goes to vote, there is a special condition. If this value has been changed previously, then any subsequent changes will require more voting Reputation in favor of the change in order for the change to actually happen.
In the case where an Advanced Payment needs to be cancelled, for example if it was created with bad intent or created in error, the person who cancels the Payment has the decision to punish the initial creator for the stake made to create the Payment. Cancelling a Payment requires a Motion, or a member with the Arbitration permission.